BSF Study Questions Isaiah Lesson 22, Day 5 Isaiah 49:22-26

Summary of passage:  The Lord says to Israel that Israel’s enemies will carry their sons and daughters and the enemy kings and queens shall bow down before you and lick the dust at your feet.  This will show He is Lord. Those who hope in Him will not be disappointed.  The Lord will contend with those who contend with His people.  He will save their children and make their oppressors eat their own flesh and be drunk on their own blood. Captives will be taken and plunder retrieved.  He does all of this for His glory, so all will know He is the Lord, the Mighty One of Jacob.

11)  Personal Question.  My answer:  That God does all of these things (have the enemy lick the dust of His people’s feet, kings and queens be humbled, enemy carry them, enemy eat their own flesh and blood) for His glory–to show He is the One, True God.

12)  Personal Question.  My answer:  For me, hope and the promises of the Lord to prosper me is what gets me through my dark times.  Knowing this is temporary and it does get better.  Knowing God has something bigger for my life is comforting.

13)  Personal Question.  My answer:  Yes.  Acts 15:15-17 “The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, ‘After this I (Jesus) will return and rebuild David’s fallen tent.  Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, that the remnant of men may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles who bear my name, says the Lord, who does these things that have been known for ages.”  Same thing stated in Amos 9:11-15 just more detail.  God plans to use Israel to extend His promises to the rest of the nations and mankind (Galatians 3:26-29:  If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise”).

Conclusions:  All personal questions for a change.  I particularly liked Questions 13 and would love to hear what verses you found. I had to search for a bit to find my verses.  I knew the answer but I couldn’t back it up.  I’d love to know if you found something else as well.  I used the following website which is awesome in detail and backs up every conclusion with scripture:

8 comments on “BSF Study Questions Isaiah Lesson 22, Day 5 Isaiah 49:22-26

1. Patti Wiggs says:

I’ve appreciated the increased number of questions which cause the reader to question herself. A couple of people have mentioned to me that many of the questions seem very personal and group members shouldn’t be called on those. However, it’s those questions which bring reflection and, we hope, growth. Sharing our answers to those questions bonds us and encourages the other group members. I’ve just loved this year’s BSF lessons! Thanks, as always, for sharing. (I read your responses after I’ve answered my questions.)

Hey Patti,
      My BSF leader usually takes volunteers on such questions and if no one volunteers (rare in our group since I usually answer if no one else does–imagine that!) than she shares her answers. I think this is a good way to do it. You can learn from others and if one person opens up, usually others do as well.

Thanks for commenting! Love it!

2. Bonnie says:

I found Daniel 9:25 and 1Peter5:10 for challenge question 13.

3. Jennifer says:

For question 13 my bible outlines ‘the ultimate restoration of Israel’with the following verses referenced:
    1. Is 27;42-44; 65; 66
    2. Jer 30-33
    3. Ezekiel 36; 37; 40-48
    4. Dan 9:20-27;12:1-3
    5. Hosea 2:14-23; 14:4-7
    6. Joel 3:18-21
    7. Amos 9:11-15
    8. Obadiah 17, 21
    9. Micah 7:14-20
    10. Zeph 3:14-20
    11. Hag 2:20-23
    12. Zech 13;14
    13. Mal 4:1-3
    Focusing on Ezekiel 37:25 “then they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob My servant, where your fathers dwelt; and they shall dwell there, they, their children, and their children’s children, forever.” I think this clearly points to the land God gave Abraham, Isaac & Jacob in Genesis. It is Israel and He will be faithful to restore this nation.

4. Priscilla says:

re: lesson 22 question 13. I like that all of you have great verses on this subject. I will look them up later and study them. I am still stuck in Revelation 21 explaining the new earth and new Jerusalem. I am thinking that the restoration of the nation is not literal. verse 12 On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.(probably represents all the faithful in the O T.)
    verse 14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. (represents the Church). I can’t wait to hear more from you and my BSF classs on Wednesday.
    This is my first post ever, so please bear with me.

5. christine Bauman says:

what do you think of Romans 11 does that apply and zach 8:22, Jeremiah 23:5-8 ??? OR have I missed the mark?