BSF Study Questions Isaiah Lesson 27, Day 5 Isaiah 60:19-22

Summary of passage:  The Lord will be your everlasting light and glory instead of the sun and the moon to light our way.  The people’s days of sorrow will end.  They will be righteous and possess the land forever for they are the work of my hands, the shoot I have planted, the display for my splendor.  The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation.

11a)  A happy, perfect life.  The Lord will be our everlasting light and glory.  Sorrow will end.  The people will be righteous and will possess the land forever.  The least of you will become great and will display God’s splendor.

b)  Both say all nations will flock to the city to see the Light; Jerusalem/Israel does not need the Sun or the Moon’s light for the glory of God is its light; the nations and kings will bring Jerusalem their splendor (riches, wealth); the gates shall forever be open; there will be no violence, shame or deceit.

c)  By faith and belief in what the Bible says.

12)  There is hope and something better to come.  God’s will and peace will prevail.  When I’m down in the muck of life, remembering God’s promises gives me strength to carry on.

Conclusions:  Another relatively easy day.  I like these days. It’s encouraging to know I don’t have to struggle to “get it” sometimes.  Either that or I’m just getting better at this after 9 months.  Studying the Bible is like anything you work hard at: you have to practice to get better and this year has definitely given me practice that’s for sure!

Just after this one year at BSF I feel much more confident in my knowledge of the Bible, reading the Bible, studying the Bible, praying to God and above all closer to God.  Not that its been easy–most definitely not. But I never gave up.  And the results show.

8 comments on “BSF Study Questions Isaiah Lesson 27, Day 5 Isaiah 60:19-22

1. Mary Ann says:

Absolutely! Your words reflect God’s love and glory in everything you say. I cannot tell you how much you have helped me in my study and comprehension of God’s word. Praise to God and you.

May our Lord and Savior continue to bless you and yours.

Your sister in Christ,
    Mary Ann

2. Sue says:

This is my first year with BSF and you have helped me tremendously to understand Isaiah. Thank you !!!

3. Cindy says:

You are an inspiration to understanding the word and I am thankful to read your insight when I am puzzled. Thank you for your blog.

4. Kevin says:

I really appreciate your comments and insights into each day’s study. It is a real blessing to me as I’m working through some of the harder and challenge questions. I’m even making a pact with myself that I don’t use your verses, but they do give me some pointers in finding other references.

Your dedication to posting this study online is a true ministry to us, keep it up!

5. Sweet Mama says:

Is it terrible of me to not want you to move where there is no BSF? Even though our lessons are off from yours…I would miss you terribly. Our class is not with many other classes due to weather issues and where our spring break fell this year. Still, I love coming to read your weekly understanding because it’s like having a mini class discussion and fellowship. I sometimes get discouraged, too, just like everyone else. Sometimes it’s frustration with a question. Sometimes it’s a family situation. Sometimes someone has hurt my feelings. Sometimes I feel like I am a failure. The lesson you are currently working on was such a huge blessing to me, too. I needed good news and a reminder that God loves us and he has the ending completely under His control. All this other stuff…pain, frustration, hurt, delay, drought, wilderness, illness, cruelty, devastation, weather, financial, and all the other “junk”…while reality…is not the final reality. We’re being honed and prepared. You’ve been such a blessing to me in all your honesty and heartfelt sharing of where you are and how you’re doing. If only we could be this way in real life. It was a rough week and it was good to come here and read that this week’s questions had been easier for most of you and a real blessing. Thank you again for providing this place to gather together.

Hey Sweet Mama,

NO! That’s sweet! I don’t want to move either but not my will. Our move has been postponed so it’s up in the air right now. We may be moving closer to a BSF we just don’t know right now so I’ve refrained from saying anything until we do know.

Thank you for your kinds words. We are all human and have the same feelings just at different seasons of life so I’m glad I can help in some small way. God bless!

6. Marilyn MB says:

This journey in Isaiah has been more interesting & encouraging because of your input/insights to each lesson (:(: thanks a million!! BSF has made a drastic improvement in my life with God. I have seen this in you as you have shared, too. Thanks to God, who always blesses as we spend time with Him! Hope you can join in the study of Acts next year!!!

7. Jack Napiare says: