BSF’s Sharing Day Comment Page

Hello all!

Due to lack of child care, I won’t be able to attend BSF’s Sharing Day (dubbed the “Kiss and Cry” Day by me as I’m told a lot of tears are shed).  So, I would love to hear from you all what you have learned this year. Feel free to comment as much as you want and if you ran out of time during Sharing Day, post the rest here!

I’ll start:

I know more about the Bible and what it says now.  I feel like I can hold a reasonable conversation about the Old and New Covenant, Jesus’s sacrifice on the Cross, and definitely about Isaiah’s prophecies now. I’m not as intimidated because I know more.  I question everything now.  I don’t just accept what my pastor or others experts say because of their position as truth.  I research and find where God says it–then I believe it.

I feel more confident in sharing the Truth and Good News with others.  When you know more, you can say more.  Before, it was hard for me to even begin.  Now, I can at least answer challenges regarding the Word.

I now know the difference between Assyria, Babylon, and Persia. I can even name some significant dates!

I now can find (relatively easily) the books in the Bible.

I like the book of Revelation.

God’s word is paramount.  We must take everything He says in the Bible as the truth and strive our hardest to live up to His expectations.

God’s judgment is out of love for us.  Everything is planned. Nothing happens by accident.

God’s love is unfathomable.  Jesus Christ is proof of that.

BSF is a wonderful organization and does a phenomenal job of spreading God’s word.  I see much potential here in the future.

God bless you all and I’ll be praying for you all to continue to grow with God in every way and share your love of Him with others!  You have truly made this year wonderful, extraordinary, and special!  Hugs to all!

8 comments on “BSF’s Sharing Day Comment Page

1. Barbara says:

Thank you for your hard work this year, it has been a great help to me. Weekly I do my lesson and then compare my answers to your answers and most times I am in the same place as you are.

Please keep us posted on the email that you sent
    4-18 to BSF headquarters about on line BSF. I am very interested in how they respond to this request. By the way that was a great idea. I pray for good luck with your move for you and your family and I hope you continue to post one way or the other.

2. Abigail says:

As I studied the book of Isaiah through BSF I learned that I am not as good as thought I was. I learned to seek God’s face at all times, concerning all things and whether I am good or bad, right or wrong He will not only guide me along the way, but He will walk with me. Through my fears, shame, and uncertainty I can count on Him as that is truly the only way I want to live – for Jesus, my God.

I enjoyed gathering in our small groups for discussion and being blessed by the ladies; prayer after our discussion group was the cherry on the sundae. I cannot wait til we devle into the book of Acts.

3. Judy says:

I’ve enjoyed your posts because I would read the passage(s) assigned, the questions and was still often clueless as to what type of answer the BSF creators of study sheet were looking for. Reading your posts helped me find my way through the study. I never gave your answers as my own, but it helped me understand the overall meaning.

Also, your sharing your thoughts on other areas of life were valuable reading.

I hope everything works out for the best for you and your family’s move and your efforts with BSF headquarters to establish and online class. Isn’t it good to know that God is in control and has a plan for your life, even when confronted with moving?

God Bless You!

4. Trudy says:

I have not been attending the BSF Sharing Day for the past few years, but will share with your blog some Isaiah highlights that spoke to me. Because it is difficult for me to write, I will make up several posts over a few days (instead of one long one).

FAVORITE TEACHING LEADER LESSON:
    Lesson #24: Isaiah 52:13 – 53:12

My local BSF group is blessed to have a Teaching Leader hand picked by God. She is such a blessing to us. She is tender like a mother, yet firm in standing on God’s Word.

My Teaching Leader did something very special when she came to expound Isaiah 53:6: “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” She played “All We Like Sheep” from Handel’s Messiah (played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra).

As we listened to the song, she told us to watch for:

– how the beginning spirals up high and is light and joyful “all we like sheep have gone astray”
    – in the middle of the song we were to watch for the frustration and the change in voice intonation and how it would start spiraling down (because of sin)
    – then we were to watch for the different voices singing “and laid on Him” where we would see the layering of sin
    – the voices finally end in unison–coming together as one (representing humanity) with “the iniquity of us all”

(I was amazed at what our Teaching Leader was able to pull out of the song. If she didn’t point this out, I never would have seen anything. I did talk to her later and it turned out she had her Grade 12 piano, so she did have a musical background to draw from.)

This Isaiah lecture was my favorite and I will never forget it.

5. Trudy says:

FAVORITE BSF LESSONS:

Lesson 25 – The Atonement of the Servant
    I loved the notes from this lesson, because it was such a clear presentation of why Jesus Christ was the Suffering Servant. My favorite BSF notes are always the ones that give a clear presentation of the Gospel. I never tire of hearing the Good News. This lesson was excellent and gave me great joy.

It is my prayer that BSF will put a sample lesson on their website (just like they have the video showing what classes are like). I pray that they will put up a lesson that concentrates on the Gospel. This one from Isaiah would be excellent. (I remember there was also an excellent presentation from one of the lessons in the book of John.)

Lesson 26 – An Invitation to Salvation
    After reading Lesson 25, I didn’t think it could get any better. But it did. Lesson 26 just blew me away, even reducing me to tears. It was simply beautiful. Most of my pages are completely underlined and filled with notations, such as N.B., *, Very Good! and Yes!

6. Trudy says:

FAVORITE PASSAGE FROM ISAIAH

My favorite passages from Isaiah, that spoke to my heart, were the ones that talked about the Millennium. I particularly liked Isaiah 2. What a day it will be when all nations will stream to the Mountain of the Lord where His temple will be established and King Jesus is sitting on the throne.

How exciting it will be when many peoples will come with an invitation open to all and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in His paths.” (Isaiah 2:3)

With the Prince of Peace on the throne, it will be a time of peace. “They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.” (Isaiah 2:4)

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

7. Lam from Singapore says:

I thank God for your love and gift of penmanship, I thank God for technology which we choose to embrace and grow in Christ. I thank God for BSF – His vessel to extend the Gospel to the ends of the earth. I understand the concerns about copyright issues discussed in this blog, and forum could be good idea. however I trust the Lord to vindicate in all matters. His Gospel and the growth and maturity of His vineyard is worth more than that.

Thank you for your hard work and insights this year which spur me bit by bit, more and more, to read the Word and love the Lord more. At least I know for sure your writings encouraged me much this year. Please persevere and thank you for your obedience to God’s call. Praying for you.