BSF Study Questions Genesis Lesson 1, Day 4: Genesis 1:1

Passage:  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

9a)  The heavens and the earth

b)  After creating the heavens and the earth, God fills both with more creations.  Genesis Chapter 1 is all about what God created.

10)  John 1:1-3:  Christ was with God in the beginning

Colossians 1:15-19:  Christ was born before creation in order to be supreme above all things

Colossians 2:3:  Christ holds all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Colossians 2:9:  For Christ is God in bodily form

Hebrews 1:3:  Christ is God’s glory

All of these support the idea Christ was there from the beginning (Creation).

Conclusions:  Easy day.  Not much here to conclude we didn’t already know:  God created the heavens and the earth and Jesus was with Him.  Makes sense since God is Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

8 comments on “BSF Study Questions Genesis Lesson 1, Day 4: Genesis 1:1

1. Jennifer says:

He is blessed forever! Glory be to God! God bless you sister, love in Christ

2. cc li says:

same idea with you! thanks
    God bless you and your family

3. Jacquelyn Mullins says:

Hello! I did’nt get Genesis Lesson 1- 2 or
    Thank you I love your responses.

4. Julia says:

Really have enjoyed your answers, comments, and insights. One thought on your answer in
    question 10 on Col 1:15-19 Jesus was not born before creation as He was always with God in
    the beginning as you stated in your answer to John 1:1-3. All things were created by Him and
    for Him and He holds everything together!

5. Julia says:

While I’m rambling, I’ll make another comment on Question 9. God created the entire universe in
    quesion 9a which includes time, space, and mass and He did it out of nothing! God spoke
    everything into existence and did it instantaneously and everything was mature at time of the
    creation. So to me verse 1 is a key main summary declarative statement and then v.2-31, He
    focuses on the specific component parts as you mentioned. God does it in 6 literal days to mark
    days, seasons, and years as we as humans know it. Establishes a clear pattern for work days and
    rest periods.

6. jean dodds says:

Great insite!! Thx

7. love2sail says:

I appreciate your insight and the discussion. I try not to “peek” at your answers until I’ve answered on my own. I love how everyone’s view gets me thinking in ways that I may not have come up with on my own.

I wasn’t excited, at first, about the study of Genesis…now I can’t wait to see how God transforms me through this study.