My Confusion Over Leviticus Has Ended!

So for the last 4 weeks (the whole time we’ve been doing Leviticus), I’ve been confused over the ordering of the chapters and their readings.  For the longest time, I thought we had skipped Leviticus 24.  Then I go back and see we skipped Leviticus 21-24.  What happened?  What was I missing?  So I got out all of my lesson questions and lined them all up and this is what I found:

Leviticus 1-7–Lesson 14

Leviticus 8-10–Lesson 15

Leviticus 11-15–Lesson 14

Leviticus 16–Lesson 16

Leviticus 17-20–Lesson 14

Leviticus 25-27–Lesson 17

So where’s Leviticus 21-24?  Well if you look at Day 6 of Lesson 14, it says to read Leviticus 17-24.  However, we are not asked any questions on Leviticus 21-24.  Almost always (in fact, this is the first time I have seen this) Day 6 is a re-reading of the passages you have already read in the lesson.  Apparently, not for Lesson 14.  You were supposed to read Leviticus 21-24 for Day 6.  I noticed this when I did lesson 14, but thought it was typo or that we’d come back to it since we weren’t asked any questions on it.

Therefore, if you were like me and missed this, you need to read Leviticus 21-24.  Even in the notes, it’s glossed over as well.  Now, in lesson 16 day 5 we are asked to read a small part of Leviticus 23 so if you read that, you need to read the rest.

Not being a Bible scholar, I’m unsure why we skipped over these parts of the Bible.  I’m assuming too much to cover and not enough time.  But I’m a stickler for thoroughness (I’m also a stickler for chronological order as well which I’d recommend here) so as a stickler who didn’t read it on Day 6 of Lesson 14 since I had assumed it was a review day, I’m reading it.  Focus on Leviticus 24 since it’s so often quoted and misunderstood.

8 comments on “My Confusion Over Leviticus Has Ended!

1. Shelly says:

Thanks. I missed that too.

2. Jackie White says:

I love this blog!!

3. everlyne imbosa says:

hi, didn’t notice we skipped Leviticus 21-24,I am a new convert so I am happy, I will learn more as I go on with the study, I am pleased to learn more, without the word one can not grow spiritually

4. Rowena Erskine says:

I need study Questions lesson 18 Day 3

5. Gloria Brooks says:

Can we ever get the lecture notes, if we miss class? All BSF lets you print out is the questions, if absent.

Yes, Gloria, you can. Usually by the entrance is a table set up with past lessons and future lessons if you know you are going to miss a class. Just ask there! God bless!

6. James says:

Hi, I am also wondering why there is Chap.21-24 in the questions this time, but I can tell you that it was included in the same course about 7 or 8 years ago, in lesson 16. Although there were no questions on chapter 24 as well then.