BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 2, Day 2: Revelation’s Themes

Summary of passages: Various passages for the day.

3a)  Personal Question.  My answer:

Revelation 1:4-8;22:7:  Jesus is coming again.  Hope for a better world.

Revelation 2:9-10; 13:10b; 14:12:  God’s people are faithful and patient through suffering.  God knows those who are His and those who are not His.  This gives me encouragement for a better world and the good deeds I do are not in vain for He sees.

Revelation 12:10-17; 13:5-7:  There will be a time when the “beast” is allowed to reign but God will overcome.  Encouragement again.

Revelation 19:6-9, 11-16:  Christ will come again to judge and rule.  Hope again.

Revelation 21:1-4; 22:1-5:  Christ will usher in a new earth.  He will walk with us.  The curse will be lifted and we will dwell with God forever.  Eden will be once again.  Hope.  Faith.  Contentment.

b)  Personal Question.  My answer:  The new earth.  It’s the overall theme of Revelation–Christ will come once again and bring us Eden where we are God’s best friend.  It’s so encouraging, hopeful, and wonderful to think about what it will be like.  I hope to learn more so I can keep this in mind when times on this side of heaven are tough.

Conclusions:  I enjoyed reading passages from Revelation.  Hope and faith is the central message here. John was trying to encourage the first century Christians with what was to come.  It’s an eternal perspective we sometimes lose in the daily grind.

13 comments on “BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 2, Day 2: Revelation’s Themes

1. lhollowell2@cox.net says:

Hi AtozMom,

I really appreciate you sharing your answers with me! I haven’t read them all, but I will. I hope you’re enjoying the study. I’m looking forward to it.

Blessings, Lorraine

2. Lissette says:

It is so easy to get caught up in the “fear part” of Revelations when there is so much good news for the believer.

3. Charles Moquin says:

Hi my name is Charles. I’ve attending BSF for the past 6 years. My current problem is getting the questions for Lesson 1 of Revalation for answering them for our next class Monday evening. I am recovering from major surgery and couldn’t attend class last Monday. Can anyone help me get those questions? Thank you!

4. Pat says:

Is there a post for Lesson 2, Day 1 in Revelations

No, Pat, I never post Day 1 or Day 6. They are always personal questions and everyone is going to vary because everyone hears a different lecture. I can’t comment on the notes due to copyright issues so I just don’t post my answers. Day 6 is personal as well.

5. Julia says:

I took a slightly different take on Question 3(a). I agree with AToZ that (Rev 1:4-8;22:7) (Rev 19:6-9,11-16) and (Rev:21:1-4;22:1-5) all speak of hope, encouragement, and victory as outlined in her notes. However, I took Rev 2:9-10;13:10b; 14:12 as telling us of a great tribulation with suffering, trials, and much death. Also Rev:12:10-17;13:5-7 shows the fury of the devil with attack and persecution as he knows his time is short. There is war against the saints as discussed in Rev 13:7-10. That is the BAD news. The GOOD news is that Jesus triumphs over evil, suffering, and death. However, the Great Tribulation will be “hell on earth” for those people who are “left behind”, if one believes in a pre-tribulation rapture when all the believers will be raptured as discussed in I Thess 4:15-17 and in I Cor 15:51-52.

6. Hi everyone, I am 73 and have just joined BSF. At present I feel like a 5 year old just beginning school.
    I have a little knowledge of the Bible and hope this will expand.
    Revelations being my first class, so, I thank you sincerely for sharing your response. My answers are on the same track but I have to read the passages over and over again. I have prayed to God for guidance and am sure He has answered my pray. I found your site
    Patricia Penn.
    I

7. olchri1048 says:

I have learned a lot from this blog. It clarifies what I am learning in my BSF study group. Thank you for always giving insightful explanations in the Word.

8. mspeters says:

Hello, I have a question & request; I used to attend BSF in NC but I moved to NY and there is no one BSF class near me, I been doing the questions that I found online but, I don’t get the whole lesson, is there anyway that you could post the lecture so I can read the message from BSF? Thank you

Hello,

No. I can only post my answers to the questions. The rest is owned and copyrighted by BSF.

I would suggest going online to their website, look under “Find a class”, and see if there are any close to you. Attending is the only way to get the notes and lecture as of right now.

Thanks and God bless!