Summary of passages:  Romans 5:6-11:  Christ died for the ungodly, demonstrating God’s ultimate love for us.  We are now justified by Christ’s blood, saved from God’s wrath, and reconciled to God through Jesus.

Romans 6:23:  “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Ephesians 2:1-10:  We were dead before Christ’s sacrifice as we followed Satan and his ways and sins, making us objects of God’s wrath.  Then God made us alive through Christ because of His love, grace, and mercy for us through faith in Jesus.

10a)  Part personal Question.  My answer:  God has provided us His Son so that we may live forever with Him.  I’ve accepted it and honored God with my life and being.

b)  Although we were sinners and completely undeserving of grace and mercy, God sent His Son to the cross to die for our sins so that we may become righteous before God.  All God asks is faith in His Son.  Those who believe are saved.  Those who don’t believe are not saved.  That is God’s justice and mercy.

11)  Part personal Question.  My answer:  To devote your life to Him and for Him and His people.  We are to walk in the light and confess our sins and ask God to forgive us every single day.  Let His mercy flow through us and from us to others.  I will show mercy to all as Jesus did.

Conclusions:  Could have been called the “Study of Romans” for the day.  God has forgiven us permanently with His Son, Jesus Christ.  All we have to do is accept Jesus as our Savior and live for God. Simple, right?

End Notes:  Romans 5:6-11:  Jesus died for all of us, the ungodly.  The difference between righteous and good here seems to be the righteous man does not care for others but only about himself; whereas, the good man is kind and benevolent towards others.

Ephesians 2:1-10:  Paul wants us never to forget where we came from:  death and sin to life and salvation.  We should feel different being alive in Christ than when we were dead in sin.  Here, we have past, present, and future:  God loved us so much He sent His Son to make us alive in Christ and live eternally with Him forevermore.  All through faith and God’s gift to us.

God’s workmanship.  What an amazing thought!  We are God’s creation.  One Greek translation uses the word poiema which is a poem.  We are God’s poems and poems are beautiful works of art.  How cool!

Now we are to do good works out of our faith, not to earn anything.

Conclusions to Lesson 21:  I groaned most of the time doing this lesson, especially Day 4 which was a repeat of last year’s Study of the Life of Moses.  This could be called “The Study of Romans” for this week.  Not for sure how this lesson will bolster my understanding of the Book of Revelation.  This was a study of God’s character, His justice and mercy, which is prominent in all the books of the Bible.  What I want to gain out of the study of Revelation is just that:  the study of “Revelation”, the End Times, the signs I need to be on the lookout for, the coming wrath, the impending doom for the unsaved whom I may be able to help save (although God is ultimately in charge of that).

Like I said before, Revelation is only 22 chapters so BSF is stretching this study.  This is a filler lesson, plain and simple.  I just wish we could have filled it with more of in-depth study of Revelation.

8 comments on “BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 21, Day 5: Romans 5:6-11; 6:23; Ephesians 2:1-10

1. JLS says:

If you want to study actual “Revelations”….verse by verse, dissect it, cut it up, chew it, discuss it, spit it out, piece it back together again and understand it…..try “Precepts” Kay Arthur. Next year, Sept. they will start the study of Revelation. It will last for 2 yrs. (Sept-March, big break in Dec)
    I am just finishing “Daniel” and I can’t tell you how wonderful it is. Maybe it is just my teacher but we watch an hour DVD from Kay Arthur, explaining exactly what it says….then our “teacher” gives a review for another hour; we can ask questions and she can answer them….something BSF doesn’t do.
    I have learned allot thru BSF but I am disappointed in their study of Revelation. I am told it is a study of God…..and the notes are good on that….they do not answer what I want to know….and I am told there are so many interpretations….so lets hear them and discuss them. Never enough time for discussion in BSF, they don’t even read the verses from the Bible that we are answering…..and I don’t remember them once doing our sessions with our leader and group. ……….”Lacking” This study has been anything but Revelations.
    I don’t like all the coloring of specific things in the Bible Precepts want you to do but thank goodness we aren’t required to do this in my class…..some think it helps them, but I already have a way I mark my Bible…..so!! You will get taught about Revelation. Look up on line where they are having studies in your area.
    To get a preview of Kay Arthur, she has a daily TV program. Check your area for NRB station, Precepts for Life with Kay Arthur

2. Edward Lall says:

How do I get answers to lesson 1 of revelation

All are on my sidebar under BSF Revelation. You may have to scroll through them. You can also google something like “atozmomm revelation lesson 1” Thanks!

3. Renee says:

I think perhaps this was one of my favorites. I enjoyed revisiting Moses. As we have gone through Revelation, it has become more and more apparent, the urgency that God is impressing upon us to share His love and His sacrifice of His son so we may go out and share His plan with others. Each week they ask..Where will you go and who will you share it with? Perhas God realized He needed to ask these questions over and over until we quit giving rote answers and actually get out of our comfort zone and do what He asks. I don’t think it was easy for the Levites to choose to stand with God. And what we are being asked isn’t nearly as hard. Why I enjoyed this lesson is because it’s a great way to learn scripture and allow us to share when we are questioned about the love vs the judgement of God. Not only is BSF aiding us in learning the bible, it’s giving us the tools to accomplish what the Lord is asking of us. How great is that! After about the 3rd lesson of similar questions, I had to ask the Lord, what are we not getting? We are on lesson 21 and it was just a couple lessons ago that I’ve started to share Jesus with others. So I enjoy the break so we can look a little closer to what God is saying to us. Thanks for taking your time to share with us your insights!

4. j says:

Hello there – Interesting that you wrote what you wanted to get out of Revelation, ” What I want to gain out of the study of Revelation is just that: the study of “Revelation”, the End Times, the signs I need to be on the lookout for, the coming wrath, the impending doom for the unsaved whom I may be able to help save (although God is ultimately in charge of that).” But of course that is not BSF’s aim. It sounds like you’ve been involved with BSF for a few years (?) – but I’m sure you know their aim is that people grow in loving, understanding, and knowing Him ! I don’t think we can ever get “enough” of Exodus or Romans – because each time I find it goes deeper into my soul… so may I be so bold as to pray the same for you ? j

5. Teresa says:

I think it’s important to study God’s character at this juncture in Revelation. Before the final judgment, there are people less understanding than you that will view the coming devastation with “how-could-a-loving-God-condemn-all-those-people-to-hell” attitude and need to know that we serve a just God. I think it is brilliant the way BSF has taken “interludes” during the study–prophecy in the beginning, suffering just a few weeks ago & now justice & mercy. Perhaps it’s time you realize (as I had to do when frustrated with the redundancy of this lesson) that it isn’t written for you (or me) but for those of us who are scared, uncertain & less confident about the end times and God’s promise.

PS: I’m glad you are such a brilliant writer. I come here, not for the answers but for help phrasing what I think I want to say.

6. Tammy says:

AtoZmom, I totally agree with you. I looked forward to this study to get some real insight on Revelations. The signs of the end times, various views on the symbolism etc. I knew not to expect timelines or hard core conclusions but I certainly didn’t expect week after week of personal questions. I have been involved in BSF for a long time and maybe part of my frustration is the build up from headquarters over several years as to how hard they were working to develope this study. I also think anyone new to BSF this year may be bewildered next year when more “digging” is required for answers as opposed to all the personal feelings.
    i appreciate your blog very much and pray God continues to bless you!

7. juneisland5@yahoo.com says:

Might this be the beauty of Revelation? He’s coming! The end WILL come – but God is always in control from the most significant to the smallest detail. Maybe it’s not about all the signs and details for the believers – maybe Revelation was written to give us a feel for endtimes & consequences particularly for the unbeliever, to remind believers of God’s great grace and mercy…from the beginning of times to the end of times and the importance of sharing His love, grace and mercy.

Originally I had this same struggle — I just wanted to know everything, understand the timeline, iconicisim…and then I had to confess my selfishness (“I” wanted to know…”I” wanted the study to be…”I” wanted to learn — rather than “Lord, lead my heart and the study, lift the veil so that I can clearly see what you have in store for me”) and show me what you desire for control to God and ask forgiveness. The study is about Him