Summary of passage: An angel calls together all the carrion birds to feast on the flesh of the defeated enemies of Jesus. The beast and the kings of the earth and their armies made war against Christ and his followers. The beast and the false prophet were captured and thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulphur. All their followers were killed and the birds gorged on their flesh.
12) They die and become a feast for the birds.
13) Any other religion outside of Christianity. Deluded by the ways of the world.
14) Personal Question. My answer: Not sure if it does. I know I’m on the winning side. I live my life the best God wants me to. I tell others about God and pray about them but ultimately it’s up to their Free Will and God if they turn. I don’t worry about it and try not to worry about anything. God has it all!
Conclusions: No words needed.
End Notes: Graphic end to Christ’s enemies. Ezekiel 39 prophesied this as Gog and Magog which we’ll see in Revelation 20.
The angel is brighter than the sun since he’s standing before the sun. This is reflective of God’s glory.
Note the repetition of “flesh” 5 times. This shows how the flesh is to be let go when God arrives and how all in the flesh will be judged.
There are four different suppers in the Bible:
1) The supper of salvation, alluded to in Jesus’ parable (Luke 14:16-24)
2) The Lord’s supper, a commemoration of Jesus’ sacrifice
3) The marriage supper of the Lamb (Revelation 19:9)
4) The supper of the great God (Revelation 19:17)
Everyone will attend at least one of these suppers. But will you be one of those eating or be one eaten?
We saw the inhabitants of the earth gather in Revelation 16:14.
Some ask: who would be stupid enough to gather together and battle Jesus? Well, we can never underestimate man’s hatred of God. After all, we did murder Jesus on the cross–Emmanual incarnate. Some scholars say the armies were gathered together to fight each other and then Christ arrives. You make the call here. Remember: the End Times will be chaotic. One horrible judgment after another. In times of chaos, man does stupid things as panic and the fight for survival thrive.
Note: THERE IS NO BATTLE. Judgment is immediate. Christ uses his sword (the Word) and it is finished. He is the victor.
Lake of eternal fire is eternal punishment and torment (Revelation 20:10), also what we consider hell. Note how the beast (Satan) and the false prophet are thrown alive into the lake of fire BEFORE the Great White Throne of judgment holds court (Revelation 20:11-15). Their fate is doomed from the beginning.
Conclusions to Revelation 19: We make ready for Christ’s return and Christ wins. We want to be on the winning side and prepared.
Conclusions to Lesson 24: We saw “you” or “your” a whooping 10 times this lesson and this doesn’t include Days 1 & 6. Weak and repetitious.