BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 26, Day 5: Revelation 21:1-8

Summary of passage: After the final judgment, John sees a new heaven and a new earth and a new Jerusalem come from heaven. God will dwell with men here and be their God. The old order has passed, vanquishing death, pain, tears, and mourning. God declares all to be new and He who believes shall inherit the new earth while the unbelieving rot in the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

10)  Part personal Question.  My answer:  God will live with believers, be His people, and He will be their God.  There will be no more tears, death, or pain.  It is an awesome thought that one day we’ll all be in God’s presence.  It makes the heartaches of this world not hurt quite so much.

11)  God created the world, Jesus sacrificed His life for our sins, and God will dwell with man for eternity.  Obviously with no world we wouldn’t exist.  With no Jesus we’d be hopeless.  With no eternity life would be meaningless.  It teaches us God’s greatness, compassion, mercy, and love for all of mankind.

12a)  Only those who don’t choose Him suffer a second death instead of all of us.

b)  Personal Question.  My answer:  None truly.  I let God handle it and I let Him guide me around unbelievers.  I worry about nothing in this world (Philippians 4:6).

Note:  We just had this question in 5d, Day 2 & 3.

Conclusions:  Lackluster and disappointing.  Nothing new here.

End Notes:  See YESTERDAY’S post.

10 comments on “BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 26, Day 5: Revelation 21:1-8

1. Barb says:

Another very disappointing lesson! I’m wondering what week your class does Lesson 26 questions? We will do these next week, April 12. You seem way ahead of us or do you work ahead? We’ve always been told that our USA classes are all on the same week in case travelers want to visit another class. Just curious. 😏 Thanks!

Nope, I’m ahead–WAY ahead. I actually finished this whole study a couple of months ago. I do the lessons as they are posted, type them up here, and then post. It’s easier for me so on the days I’m rushed I already have the lesson done and on the days I have time, I do two or three days at a time.

Spring break messes up all the classes but hopefully they are all in sync now. Some places don’t break for Spring break either. But some people out of the country (South America I know for sure) who don’t celebrate Labor Day, start ahead of us and those people have asked me to post ahead so I do.

• Barb says:

I figured you were way ahead but didn’t think it was that much. You must feel a sense of relief that this study is over. I’m counting the weeks and am sometimes amazed that I’ve been able to hang in there. I don’t feel I can answer one more repetitive questions but they just keep coming. I’m not doing John next year since it is “revised” and I expect the same questions. I hope to keep up with your blog and maybe you will prove me wrong and it will be back to a real BSF study! Thanks again! The work that you put into this truly amazes me. God bless!!

2. Joe says:

Question 12a is a prime example of how far the BSF folks have gone off track from the approach to Bible Study prescribed by its founder. Instead of focusing on what a given passage in Revelation means to me and sharing that within my group without fear of censure, the new and improved approach seems to nudge people into a doctrinal version of a particular denomination. How can I have a sense of urgency to proselytize others when I am still trying to sort out what I myself believe regarding the End Times and the role of free will vs faith. This question made me feel like I was part of an Evangelistic Crusade preparing to go out and gather in the sheaves. This was not the case last year when we studied The Life of Moses. The questions then were designed to share our knowledge about God and the Israelites. I learned a lot from my group members and they learned a thing or two from me. I had grown up and lived in a community where I had Jewish friends. They helped me understand the significance of the Seder meal and other customs. They respected my beliefs and I respected theirs. Most of the members in my BSF group last year did not have that advantage. It helped us all remember that Jesus was the son of a Jewish mother. And I think AtoZMom would appreciate the nuance of that. So lets pray that God will direct us and the BSF folks in the Way we should go next year.

3. Mede says:

I have learned the most from you and your great notes. I do the questions first and then check what you have. Very disappointing this year. felt I learned so much last year with the Moses study. I hope you don’t get so discouraged with BSF that you quit as you are helping sooo many people. what a blessing you truly are
    God bless you

• Joe says:

I think that was the original goal of BSF: Getting people from diverse backgrounds to think and talk about the Bible and God. It was intended to creat a safe place to do that; a place where even non-believers could find answers to their questions about the purpose of life and why there is so much evil in the world.
      All that seems to have been set aside this year. The tone of the questions and the lectures seems to say: now that you know you are a sinner destined to eternity in hell what are you going to do about it? This reflects a doctrine of a particular Church and defeats the goal of BSF.

4. Pam says:

atozmom,

I know we are all in different stages of our walks in Christ, I excepted my Jesus in 1980, as a young widow and have fallen several times. Now I am 59 and am with a man who is young in the Lord. Yes, this study was simple for me, and repetitive, but so was Jesus in his teaching! He was simple and said the same thing over and over again. I have heard what you are saying about the study from friends. But then there is my husband a baby Christian who is so cute, he search for the truth and digs like I did in the beginning. He reminds me not to be complacent! He is a retired lawyer who is so smart, but this is the one thing that I understand better than him! Christ died for me, He rose and I have His Holy Spirit living within me. I fail over and over again. But being reminded of from where I have came from I know that these simple truths are what I need everyday. I love the body of Christ, which means I love all of you. I am thankful for all your research it has taught me so much. I just do not want to be complacent I want to remember so many do not understand. So prayer is my answer. John was the first book I read as a baby Christian, I look forward to next year! Thank you again and I hope you keep this blog going because it awaken my heart.

5. Liciamaria says:

To AtoZMom’s

As Pam says I also am a baby Christian.
    Doing revelation lesson 26 at present.
    Felt like leaving the class initially, and than found AtoZMom, and I am very grateful to you for All your help.
    You clarify the answers and write them in a simple way which helps me to understand. I am not able to comment or argue about the lessons, because I am such a baby just am amazed and grateful of all that I am learning with my bible verses and your quotes and comments.
    Thank you.