BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 28, Day 5: Various Passages for the Day

Summary of passages:  Various passages for the day.

10)  Matthew 28:19-20:  “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”

(We had this EXACT SAME passage and question in Lesson 19 Day 3.  My answer hasn’t changed and neither has the passage.)

It challenges me to spread the word.  Duh.

John 13:31-36:  “Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you much love one another.”

It challenges me to love others.  Duh.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-22:  “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  Do not put out the Spirit’s fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt.  Test everything.  Hold on to the good.  Avoid every kind of evil.”

This challenges me to remember my blessings, be grateful for all I have, to pray more, to be happy, to remember this is the life God has granted me, to challenge what I hear as Truth and see if it lines up with the Word, to hold onto God (the good), and to avoid evil.

Hebrews 12:28:  “Let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.”

This challenges me to be more worshipful.  I’m wondering what acceptably means here.  I don’t like it for it’s too subjective.  Your acceptable might not be my acceptable.

1 Peter 1:13-16; 2 Peter 3:10-14:  “Prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.  Do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.  Be holy in all you do.”  “You ought to live holy and godly lives and look forward to a new heaven and a new earth.”

This challenges me to be more like Jesus and be holy and not be like the world around me.

11)  Personal Question.  My answer:  Be more like Jesus.  Every day.  Love others.  Do His will more.

Similar question:  Lesson 24 Day 5

Conclusions:  We’ve had question 10 before.  My attitude is so poor as you can tell.  I hope yours isn’t as bad as mine.

Conclusions to Lesson 28:  Complete and total filler lesson.  All were personal questions except for question 8 on day 4 (the only good question in my opinion).  All were ones we’ve had before on topics beaten to death.  Weak.  Can we just finish Revelation please?

20 comments on “BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 28, Day 5: Various Passages for the Day

1. Ann says:

First I want to thank you for your web site I am a new Christian and struggling to do BSF because that is were I think God wants me but every day I feel like i’m going to quit It’s just to hard I don’t process things quick and repeating things make it set in my brain easier and I know for people that have been Christians longer it may feel Repetitious But thank you for continuing you are teaching me so much. I felt like a fish floundering on a beach dying with no food in a country where no one spoke my language (dumb) and you are feeding me…..so Bon appetit

2. Donna says:

I have read your “blog” for several weeks after doing my lessons in Revelation. I am a long time Christian and also a leader now in BSF. I get rather “irked” that you think you can “chastise” BSF or that you know better than those who write the lessons. YES the questions get somewhat repetitive, BUT as Ann said, she is a new Christian and struggles. MANY are new Christians and this thinking is very new to them, some join BSF later in the year. Please do not be so prideful that you think you have a right to put down the International Team! Maybe you should go work for them? 🙂 God will bless all those who read and study his Word, time and time again. Every time I re-read something I get more out of it. Maybe you could go into this with a more “gentle spirit.”

Donna,

This “blog” is a “blog”. Not sure why you are putting that in quotes. This site I use (wordpress) is a blogging site with tens of thousands of blogs on it–perhaps millions. It’s one of the most popular blog sites on the Internet.

Definition of a blog: a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.

As an American, I can “chastise” whomever I want as my right. God put me here. I am exercising that right.

You call it “putting down”. I call it “calling it as I see it.” I say what I think. And when the questions are questionable, I question them. Again, that’s my first amendment right. And again, I do have that right.

BSF would never hire me.

Would love to know your definition of “gentle spirit”. Oh, and since you know me personally, would love for you to explain to all how I’m not exhibiting that once you define it.

• Sweet Mama says:

Why would you come back here after doing your lesson if you are irked? If you are on Facebook and you don’t like something, you click “hide” or you can unfollow them or if you are completely not interested in friendship or being more than acquaintances, you unfriend them. If you don’t enjoy a blog, you move on and find blogs you do enjoy. .

• student ofGod says:

I whole hardheartedly agree with you Donna, unfortunately 😦 I have been reading this blog for a few years now and have been noticing this ongoing and noticing this attitude becoming more aggressive this past year and it saddens me. and to see the hardened response back. Its sad!!! 😦 Donna left a remark, with Christian issues and you bit back in a worldly manner with a worldly reply and worldly issues. Don’t let satan get to you as he has in this study with your exhaustive attitude towards the study. 😦 It is not always going feed everyone, but please dont drag others down with your own negative spirit 😦

3. Judy says:

Surprised I stuck Revelations out. Most of the women I KNOW FEEL THE same. I hope to goodness they don,T ‘dumb down’ John. It was beautiful the first time Please leave lessons as they are!!!!

4. Bee says:

I have appreciated you sharing your thoughts this year. I have struggled with the lessons and having a “sounding board” in your blog to bounce it off of in my brain has been so helpful to me. I have been excited and happy with much of the information I have learned and processed, thankful for some of the approaches–and frustrated with much of the repetition sometimes, and glad to know that I am not alone. Altogether, happy to have dipped my toes into the waters of Revelation for the first time, hope to go deeper in the future. And hoping that John has some more concrete answers and less repetition. There are only so many responses to, “and how does this help you worship God differently?”, lol. Has been GREAT to think more about this year, but I’m kind of out of adjectives and verbs now—-

5. aybeesee says:

Yes, I can tell your attitude stinks. lol
    You call it like it is, and yes that is your first amendment right. May I respectfully put forward though, that American rights are at times, at odds with the Spirit. If we hold too firmly to our American-right at the cost of being divisive with our brothers and sisters in the Lord, of what profit is that? Anything done/said is acceptable or permissable, but not everything is beneficial. We ought to pursue unity, without laying aside truth.

Yes there is repetition in this study, but the “duh” comments come across as insolence. To state that something is repetitive is one thing, but being snide saying “duh” indicates a heart issue. And being defensive like you were to the commenter above furthers my suspicions.

That being said, and on another note, “acceptably” could mean not-hypocritically, since we are called to be holy and live godly lives. We ought not to allow our hearts to wander off far from God, lest we worship under pretense.

• Laverna Braun says:

Well said aybeesee!

• AL, Singapore says:

I could not agree more with aybeesee! Thank the Lord for discerning ladies!
      We study BSF lessons because we trust that it is the Lord who guides & leads in the lesson preparations through the work of those who have been called to do them. So, we can also trust the Holy Spirit to bring learning to all who seek to learn from the Lord through BSF. Someone, somewhere will surely benefit & be touched by the Lord through ALL that is written in the notes & study…..those who seek, FIND. Are you seeking?

6. donnapenny says:

I have followed and appreciated your work for several years. On this study of Revelation, I agree wholeheartedly with you! It is all too evident that this is a new study for BSF as the questions are horrendous! I have gotten so that I do not even leave anything in the personals because there are at least 2 each week and my faith, trust etc. have not faltered – they keep growing.
    I will admit to having learned from this study but not from the questions. More like independent study, and that is not why I joined BSF.
    I am extremely disappointed in this whole year of Revelation.
    Hoping next year is an improvement.

7. Beth Holder says:

Some how I don’t see duh as a response reflecting love and grace. I do appreciate all your research, I respect your answers. Some of your readers probably including me also look to you for credible teaching, just recognize the influence you have and maybe temper your frustration remarks. Keep up the good work atozmom you are doing great work for our Lord.

8. Mede says:

i actually appreciate your being real with your comments. Everyone might not agree but we can agree to disagree without chastising A to Z mom. Many have felt frustrated with the feelings questions. I so appreciate all of your hard work digging into the scriptures. You are a blessing to many. Thankyou

9. Mede says:

Plus, this is a blog, her blog, her feelings

10. Anonymous says:

I have also enjoyed reading your blogs throughout the years. There are times when I learn much and other times our answers are totally opposite, but I am thankful for all of your hard work. I think it is important for us all to remember the verse from Matthew 12:36, “But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.” NIV. Sadly, I am a repeat offender here. We need to remember we are believers on our sanctification journey and we are here to build each other up.

11. Katie says:

I have been in BSF for several years. I have struggled with it’s so-called collegiate style of study. I have cried at the questions thinking I wasn’t getting it, until I came across AtoZmoms Blog. I was so relieved to see a real person, having real thoughts. BSF is a “Study Engine.” Some of the questions are man inspired, which is why we are asked to “share” our answers. In my 8 years of being in BSF, sometimes I find people trying to compete in answer giving. It infuriates me because the leader asks the question of the lesson, and no one jumps to answer. Finally, someone like myself who doesn’t feel adequate in the study gives an answer; then all of a sudden people start jumping in with “Well, what I wrote is this, or what I have is this.” I’m thinking… “REALLY?” I applaud you AtoZmom for your blog. I’ve never felt so normal or so human during the studies. To Donna: Thank God that you are in a position to lead a group but even you are very limited in sharing as a leader in BSF. The only thing a leader can say is… The notes will explain a lot. We need to be very careful not to get caught up in judging others. I will leave this note. One plants, another waters, but God gives the increase.

12. Rachel says:

Why do you even do BSF? You clearly know everything.

• Jo says:

I’m hoping that wasn’t a snarky comment, Rachel. What I have loved about this blog is the research work that she does to fill in the gaps and give me a deeper understanding of Scripture. Thanks, AtoZ, for all the time you spend coalescing commentaries and clarifying the work. As for myself, I’ve purchased Barclay’s commentaries to re-do Revelation again this summer.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12

13. Suzi says:

Studying this in the U.K. Seems that some issues with this study are universal. I am surprised at some of the judgemental attitude aimed at this blogger. We are called to test any teaching for truth and I think that is what she has been doing but has become understandably frustrated with the superficial extent of this study. We all come to the cross with our failings but we are all saved by the complete grace of God. Who are we to judge each other?