BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 30: All Days

Since the last lesson of BSF is always personal questions, I just sum up my answers.

I’ve learned a lot about the End Times, who’s going to heaven and who’s not, Satan and his methods to deceive the saved, God’s faithfulness, timing, and goodness, and the importance of Jesus.  Jesus is paramount in God’s plan for this world.  He’s the linchpin.

Overall, the study was great.  Great discussions in my small group.  Great questions.  Great material.  Great God who showed up in the midst of it.

Some repetition that some liked and others didn’t.  Could have delved deeper into the differing End Times eschatological views.  Could have gone deeper into the possible meanings of symbols and passages.

My love for God has deepened as I’ve learned just how much God loves us by sending His son to die for us and planning a home for us in the future.  He is good despite what society says.

Not for sure if I see yet how this study has impacted me and God’s will for my life.  Some changes don’t show up immediately and because we are so close to ourselves often we don’t see it.

It has been a blessing to study alongside you all and listen to your thoughts on the material.  I hope I have broadened the base of discussion just a tiny bit.  I will miss you all and be praying for you during the summer.

God bless you all on your summer break and we’ll see you all in the Fall for the study of John!

17 comments on “BSF Study Questions Revelation Lesson 30: All Days

1. joanknudson says:

What are the Endnotes?

Did you type out all of the Scriptures at the end of all the Notes?

If so, I would like to have them. Thanks. Blessings, JoAn

2. Marty McCrimmon says:

Thank you so much for sharing your BSF study of Revelation with us. Your input was very valuable to me in my understanding of Revelation. I can’t say that I “get” it all, but I believe that I have more insight into what John was seeing regarding the end times.

3. Sandra says:

Thanks so much for your views and prayers.

4. Karen says:

Thank you and bless you for all of your wonderful work. It amazes me that you do such an awesome job of sharing your love of God through this ministry!

5. Lissette says:

Just remember, when you are criticized, when it gets rough, the bible says rejoice!!

You are pleasing to God and what else matters?

Have a great summer and let us hear from you now and then.

6. Julia says:

Good synopsis and summary as usual by AtoZ. Well thought out critique of the study of Revelation. Agree with all the above comments thanking and praising AtoZ for going the extra mile with all the hard work “extras” added to make this study better.

The strong points for me in this years lesson: BSF notes; our local lectures; class discussions as we had a good group of Bible students; the BSF study initially attracted folks that normally don’t attend Bible studies; stimulated me to study and read more about end times.

The weaker points: Too many repetitious and personal “filler type” questions; no challenge type questions; not enough “meat” but mostly fed “baby food”; it seemed like BSF did not want to offend anyone, so this year’s study tended to be more on a superficial level.

Wonder if AtoZ has considered a simple survey of her many bloggers as to how they felt on the study, ie a few multiple choice type questions like:(a) Was the study better than expected (b) worse than expected (c) about what was expected. Same questions on what they thought of the notes, questions, local lectures and discussions in their small groups. Just a thought.

Thanks again to AtoZ for adding so much to this study and I am looking forward to the study of John next year. BSF has done a good job on Matthew and John in the past, so I would expect it to be very difficult to not do a great job on the Book of John as it is not controversial as John elevates the Deity of Jesus.

Julia,

At the end of November, I did a poll on what BSF’ers thought of the study so far. Good idea to do a follow-up. It’ll be a poll in my sidebar.

7. Alice Roberts says:

Thank you so much for all you have done throughout this year in helping me to interpret and understand the Book of Revelation. The study was a little daunting at times although it was exciting too to learn what is to come. Thank you for all your insight and thoughts you wrote each week – they very much helped me every week. I’m praying for you and your family and hope that your husband job won’t be eliminated in May when all the dust settles. God bless you and have a great summer. Alice Roberts

8. Robert Manna says:

Your responses have been & will always be sincerely appreciated, helpful & oftentimes provide additional insight, especially your summary/conclusions. Your additional links to information are extraordinary. I lean much more with your thought provoking comments & pray you will continue with them always. I also enjoy your expressions of annoyance with BSF – they are entertaining & accurate. My conclusion for the study of Revelation determined that BSF had a lot of redundant questions that were used to facilitate focus on their conceptual objectives which unnecessarily prolonged the study. I believe the notes for this first go around can be improved significantly to provide a better understanding of Revelation. It was very disconcerting to read time, after time, after time, that: some scholars believer, some historians believe, others believe, etc., etc., etc. The only result I gleaned from those areas was that BSF did not take the time to research for the right explanation. I would speculate they took this approach because of all the input they received from all of those in attendance to prepare the study. They would have done much better had they gone to the Vatican Library & researched the Book. I acknowledge the Bible has been & will always be subject to interpretation & there is a lot that is unexplainable which we must accept on faith alone. But in this study, too much was left unexplained.

You & your husbands welfare will be in my prayers & I believe that everything is according to God’s plan. Because you are one of His most stalwart soldiers – He will ensure your well being. God Bless you & your family & have a Blessed summer!

9. Joe Hanek says:

Thank you so much for sharing it was a great and wonderful study

10. Mary says:

I enjoy your insights. They help me formulate my thoughts. Prayers for your finances and your husbands job. Thank you for your dedication to your bog.

11. Jeannir says:

I enjoy your study comments, answers, thoughts. This study has come at a time in my life that was much needed. Looking forward to the study of John and your studying along with….until September!

12. Lillian Dummer says:

THank you so much going out of your way for us I do not know what I would have done with out you.

13. Darl says:

Thanks for another great year of study. You’ve been a help and blessing in this year Revelation study.

14. Marnie says:

Saying thanks doesn’t seem like enough for sharing your work on these studies. I cannot tell you how helpful they have been to me while trying to navigate through the questions and wanting to dive a little deeper..thanks for taking me there.