Summer Devotional June 12th, 2017

Galatians 1:10:  “Am I now trying to win the approval of men or of God?  Or am I trying to please men?  If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

Paul is emphatically telling the Galatians he is working for Christ.  He is not trying to please man.  My question for you today:  who are you trying to please?  God or your mom?  God or your dad?  God or your spouse?  God or your kids?  God or your boss?  God or your neighbor?  God or an acquaintance who is skinnier than you?  And most importantly:  God or yourself?

7 comments on “Summer Devotional June 12th, 2017

1. jessamine simpson says:

Hi, thanks for your blog and summer devotional journey. I’m am a BSFer living in Spain and then France for the summer doing outreach for Christar International.

Just wanted to say great job and thanks for your blessed work.

Sent from my iPad

2. Karen grimm says:

I wish I could say it was always Jesus. I get so caught up in everyday chores and raising my granddaughter, feeling sorry my life isn’t what I expected.

3. Ralyne Kampfer says:

Thank you for the devotionals😍As always, your comments hit the mark!

4. Lissette says:

A good question “Who am I trying to please by jotting down these prayers?” My main reason for collecting them is that I am not good at praying. These prayers are like a primer and i so hope they help others as they help me.

June 12
    Holy God, I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. I believe that he came to earth as a human, lived an exemplary life of grace and power, and died for my sins so I could live for you, and with you, forever. Please forgive me, O God, for the times that I have hedged on my commitment to you and flirted with the darkness. I want to live for you with passion, joy, and fulfillment. I want to be transformed to be like Christ. In his name, Jesus the Lord, I pray. Amen.

5. Dinah says:

Thank you God for reminding me that I need to put you first in my life. And i need to do only want pleases you. Not my boss or myself. Please help me always to remember want pleases you. Amen

6. Pamela Hardimon-Jackson says:

Thank you for the Summer Devotionals. It helps me to stay in the word by reading scripture daily.

7. Pamela Hardimon-Jackson says:

I had to ask myself this question when I was torn between church/bible study and/or Bible Study. I was distraught until I started telling myself . . . you can’t serve two masters!