Summer Devotional June 14th, 2017

Micah 6:8:  “And what does the Lord require of you?  To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”

Sounds so simple, right?  Except when the baby is crying.  Or creditors are calling.  The bills are mounting.  You’re job searching.  You get a flat tire.  The grocery store is out of milk!

My challenge for you today:  pick one of the Lord’s requirements:  either 1) act justly 2) love mercy or 3) walk humbly.

THEN:  1) Pray to the Lord and just thank Him and ask Him to help you be more of that one attribute.

THEN:  2) Pick one thing you will do today to either act justly (e.g. rewarding people at work for a job well done) or love mercy (e.g. be nice to the person not being nice to you) or walk humbly (let the car merge in front of you–you aren’t in that big for a hurry).  Simple things towards God’s simple requirements.

7 comments on “Summer Devotional June 14th, 2017

1. Jeanette says:

I am really enjoying your devotionals each week. Maybe God’s plans aren’t for you to write a book; possibly you are doing what He wants with your ministry work. Love what you are doing. Thank you!
    Jeanette

• Mary Simons says:

Amen!!! I totally agree with Jeanette!!! I also enjoyed receiving your devotional each week. Have a blessed day. 🙏🏻

2. jack says:

Super message! In this vein Proverbs 3:5-6 and Ephesians 2:10 speak to me. Judas complained to Jesus about all the worth (a year’s wages?) of the perfume the woman was putting on Jesus’ feet. Jesus told him to shut up and sit down (translation by Jack), she was doing a good thing and would be remembered for it. Here we are a couple thousand years later still remembering her. Do you suppose that was her “good work”?

3. Lissette says:

June 14, 2017

LORD I confess that I have not been on fire for you as often as I would have liked. Please kindle in me a renewed zeal and passion for you and your work in the world. Please help me have faith that you are there. I confess that at certain points in my life, you have seemed distant and I have felt alone. Please remind me through your Spirit of your nearness and your care. In my moments of struggle and doubt, please make your presence known.

4. Judy says:

Thank you! I needed this today!!

5. Monica Smithson says:

Thank you so much for the wonderful emails. I really enjoy your thoughts. Blessings Monica

6. Dean Sands says:

you will feel closer everyday