How To Read the Book of Ruth
You can read the book of Ruth in several ways:
- As a tiny, elegant portrait of life in ancient times
- As a record of God’s faithfulness to the needy
- As an inspiring love story of undying friendship
- As a missionary story–an account of God’s merciful acceptance of those who do not belong to the tribes of Israel, but who do belong to Him
- As a foreshadowing of Jesus’ redemptive work to come
God’s Plan is Good
The ending is happy: Ruth gets a husband and both Naomi and Ruth find economic security in a male-dominated society. God’s hand and providence is expertly woven throughout all the events of the book of Ruth.
God cares for each of us and has a plan for each of us. We all matter. What we do matters. Who we touch matters. Pray to make a difference in every person’s life whom you come across and to leave a tiny bit of God in his or her heart.
You may think your life is ordinary and mundane and nothing of event happens in it; but it’s not. God’s at work behind every event and every decision you make. How is God at work now in your life?