The summer is full of fun adventures, time outdoors, and a relaxed routine. However, it is just because of this change in routine that keeping up with your Bible study can be a challenge during the summer months. After all, you’re tempted away by so many fun and varied outdoor activities. In this blog post, I’ll examine ways to stay in the Word during the summer months away from a structured Bible study. Contact me today!
HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS
- Set aside time first thing in the morning. When God is first in your life, you should put His Word first as well. In the morning, set aside time to study God’s word, and make it part of your routine. For example, wake up, make coffee, pray, and then open the Word and see what God has to say to you.
- Don’t make Bible study in-depth. Sure, God wants us to study His Word closely so we can apply it to our life. However, that doesn’t mean we should wait until we have a three hour block free to do so because, for most of us, that will never happen. Hence, set aside just 5 or 10 minutes a day to be in the Word.
- Make Bible study a play date. Invite your friends over and their kids and while the kids are running around with their heads cut off, you can study the bible with your friends.
- Do a lunch Bible study at work. Gather some friends at work to eat lunch and read the Bible together or do a small group Bible study.
- Coffee and God. Coffee shops are great places to hold summer Bible studies. You can enjoy coffee (my favorite drink) with the company of friends while you discuss God’s Word. It might not get any more perfect!
- Picnic and God. With the call of nature beckoning, you can study God’s word either alone or with friends by having a picnic in God’s creation. There’s something about nature that connects us to our Creator. Quite possibly you’ll hear from Him like you haven’t ever before.
These are some of my favorite ways to stay in the Word during the summer. Feel free to comment below with your favorite ways to stay close to God during the summer months, or share this with your friends on social media with the share buttons below. Contact me for more information!