“Is the Bible true?”
I think most of us have heard this question at some point in our lives. Many say the Bible is just a collection of stories, myths even, about people who may or may not have lived long ago. How do we know it’s true? In this blog post by AtoZMomm, we’ll explore that question. Contact me today with any other questions you may have!
What is the Bible?
The Bible is the holy book for Christians. In it is recorded God and His son, Jesus’s, teachings to the world, as written down by chosen people of God. It is a collection of books written over a period of 1500 years. The Old Testament tells of the beginning of time and God’s choosing of His people, the Jews, and the Jews’ history. The New Testament is the story of God’s son, Jesus, and the spread of the new religion, Christianity, that Jesus ushered in when he died for our sins.
IS THE BIBLE TRUE?
What is truth? You have to answer that question before you can answer if the Bible is true or not. Truth is what has happened in reality, or something accepted as true. The Bible states many truths, for example, that God exists, that He created the world and everything in it, that Jesus is God’s son, and the only was to get to heaven is to have faith in Jesus as God’s son and that his death cleansed us all to make us holy enough to be with God.
Evidence for the Bible
- There are many existing early manuscripts of the Bible, all supporting one another. There are outside writings as well, from the Greeks and the Romans, all verifying the existence of Jesus. Moreover, the Bible is a cohesive whole, all uniting in one message and never contradicts itself. This would not be possible with so many human writers over such a long time frame without a deity’s guidance.
- The Bible lines up with history.
- There are eyewitness accounts.
- The Bible cared about women when no one else did.
- The Bible prophecies much and many of these prophecies have come true.
- The Bible is without error.
- The Bible has a clear message.
- The Bible is sufficient.
DO YOU HAVE FAITH THE BIBLE IS TRUE?
In the end, the answer to this question is faith, which is what determines your entrance to heaven or not as well. Do you have faith that what the Bible says is true, based off all the existing evidence? Has God spoken to you personally? Do you have a personal relationship with God and His Son, Jesus Christ? What does your heart tell you?
Your soul and your heart hold the answer. Search it, and find it today. Contact me with questions!