Fun Fact: Luke mentions the Holy Spirit 57 times in the Book of Acts.
The Holy Spirit fell on each new group of believers:
- Jews (4:31)
- Samaritans (8:17)
- Gentiles (10:44)
- John the Baptist’s disciples (19:6)
The Holy Spirit personally directed each major advance of the early Church.
- The Spirit sent Phillip into the desert to meet an Ethiopian (8:29).
- The Spirit set apart missionaries (13:2)
- The Spirit guided the first big chruch council (15:1-28)
- The Spirit helped plan Paul’s itenerary (13:4, 16:6)