REFLECTION QUESTIONS FOR HEBREWS 8-10
13) God’s intentions were from the beginning and were/are perfect. His story in the Bible is the story of the world. The Old Covenant was always meant to be temporary until Jesus came.
14) There’s always hope to find Jesus. Once unbelievers find him, all of their sins will be forgiven.
CONCLUSIONS TO WORDGO HEBREWS 8-10
Very powerful chapters showing Jesus as our High Priest, the one and only perfect sacrifice to take away our sins. Love the perseverance part.
SUMMARY OF HEBREWS 10
The law cannot make people perfect. The blood of animals cannot take away our sins. Jesus did away with the Old Covenent and ushered in the New Covenant so that we will be made holy. The priests’ sacrifices cannot take away sins, except for Jesus who takes away all sin and makes perfect all of us forever by his one sacrifice.
The law now lives in our hearts and minds. We are entretated to persevere in faith and hope, as well as meet together. The writer warns to give up sinning deliberately or face judgement. When you do the will of God, you will receive what He promised.
QUESTIONS FOR HEBREWS 10
10) Jesus only had to make one sacrifice; whereas the priests had to make many. Jesus’s sacrifice is perfect, cleansing us of our sins forever; the priests’ sacrifices cleansed us only temporarily.
11) To maintain faith and hope in God, keep meeting with others, and draw near to God.
12) When you do the will of God, you will receive what He promised. (verse 36) Many of us wonder when we’ll be rewarded for doing God’s will. He promises he will reward us.
CONCLUSIONS TO WORDGO HEBREWS 10
The act of Jesus sitting down means it is finished; we are cleansed forever. The priests in Old Testament times never sat down because their work was never done. Super important to realize that Christ’s work is finished, and we, as God’s people, are set free.