1) I learned more how much God loves me by sending His one and only Son as a sacrifice for me. God’s love for me is infinite and I’ve learned just how hard that is to grasp. Like any thing that grows me closer to Him, I try to live my daily life and actions according to His will. I’ve tried to remember how much He loves me, especially in the bad times. I’m sure I will have more clarity on the minute changes in my life as the years progress.
2) I learned I needed Him more than I thought I did. I just think my faith is stronger in Him than before. I also learned to trust in Him more as He is the conductor and I am merely a player in my life.
3) I look for Him more. I talk to Him more. I pray more before I do something. I’m more compassionate towards others. I’m trying to love others more as Jesus commands us to do and have more sympathy for others in my life. I desire Him more. I desire Him to do His will in my life more.
4) I think I understand him more and appreciate him more. I love him more. I understand suffering more and the purpose behind it. I am more accepting of what happens to me in my life because of the trials in Jesus’s life. I try to be more compassionate to others because of him as well. More understanding. And just be there more for others as well.
5) While I cannot say for sure as I am not omniscient like God, I do believe He plans to prosper me and do His work while preparing me for the future and leading others to Christ. I have started a new blog based on one of my other passions. I may have a new job that is much more flexible for my family life and has the potential to be more lucrative. I am sure He wants my kids in school as they age and mature. And I continue to write my novel. Slowly but surely. And one day I’ll be a published author. He has great things in store and I can’t wait!
6) It’s not just during the study of John. It’s all the time. I want to tell them how God is good and true and faithful and He is there and His plan is to prosper you as you become more like His Son, Jesus Christ. God is working, all the time, whether you see it or not. Have faith! All of my family needs to hear this.
Final Thoughts on the Study of John: While I enjoyed this study, I’m glad it’s coming to an end. I was unable to attend most of the lectures due to a schedule conflict with my children. They were unable to attend as well because of this schedule conflict. So that was disappointing. I know I didn’t get as much out of this as I normally would have but at this stage in my life I did what I could and you all helped me with your comments and being faithful. Hence, my proposal for lectures available online. I attend a night class and it’s late both for me and the kids. Having this as an option would be amazing! And does it really matter if more people would listen at home? I don’t think God cares.
Usually BSF asks a whole question on the kids’ program and how it affected your kids. This year it seems more like an after thought.
I enjoyed my group this year who pushed me to dig deeper into God and His word.
My answers seem trite for Lesson 30. For me it’s hard to quantify how God has worked in my life when the changes are so very small.
I am looking forward to the break. To reading some good books and writing one. To listening to God’s voice in my life this summer. To hearing Him speak. To finding a summer bible study. To watch Him work in my life even when I don’t understand it. God is good!
Have a great break and see you all in the Fall!